1, What is sandblasted glass?
Sandblasted glass is also called sand blasted glass or sandblasting glass in different regions, it is processed by using sand material(sometimes iron) to cause the glass surface “abrasive” under strong high pressure. Usually, the pressure is achieved by a wind jet. This sandblasting process can make the glass surface in a “frosted glass” effect, which can help provide a private function or decoration function.
2, Why sandblasting glass?
Sandblasting glass advantages:
- Achieve frosted effect which can help keep privacy;
- Multiple patterns available;
- Process simple and fast;
- Varies applications like railing, shower doors, windows, doors, etc.
3, Sandblasted glass vs acid etched glass
|Comparison||Sand blasted glass||Acid etched glass|
|Functions||Privacy & decoration||Privacy & decoration|
|Production time||Fast( processed in 1 day)||Slow (cost extra 3~4 days)|
4, Sandblasted glass tempering process
For mass production(>500SQM) process:
- Firstly, Have the sandblasted glass cut to size;
- Secondly, Do the edge-work, fine polished or matte polished;
- Thirdly, Drill the sandb lasted glass if there are any hols;
- Fourthly, Do the glass tempering to enhance safety and strength.
For scattered production(<300SQM) process:
- Firstly, cut raw glass material to desired sizes;
- Secondly, do the edge-work for the glass;
- Thirdly, drill holes if there are any;
- Fourthly, stick tap on the glass to form patterns(if none, skip this step);
- Fifthly, do the glass sandblasting process;
- Finally, tempering the sand blasted glass to enhance performance.
5, Sand blasted glass applications:
With its unique privacy keeping function and decoration effect, sand blasted glass are widely used in interior designs such as:
Sandblasted glass shower doors
Sandblasted glass dividers:
Sandblasted glass windows:
6, Shenzhen Dragon Glass sand blasted glass properties:
|Product name||Sandblasted glass/ sand blasted glass/ sandblasting glass;|
|Glass colors||low iron, clear, green, grey, blue, bronze, etc|
|Shape||curved / flat;|
|Sand blasting glass types||full-screen glass sand blasting, partially glass sand blasting, |
both sides sand blasting, OEM patterns sand blasting, etc.
|Function||Keeping privacy, decoration, etc;|
|Quality||Subject to CE & ASTM standard;|
|Further process||laminating, insulating, coating, etc;|
|Additional functions||energy saving, soundproofing, bulletproof, etc;|
7, Why choose Shenzhen Dragon Glass?
Shenzhen Dragon Glass as one of the best sandblasted glass suppliers in China can provide you:
- Splendid quality supplied at a very good price.
- Fast delivery guaranteed by super large capacity.
- Strong wooden crates packing guarantee safety for long way transportation.
- Multiple certifications such as CCC, CE, ASTM, ISO9001 & BS.
- 25 years of glass processing experience.
- Strong delivery ability. No worries about shipping problems.
- The experienced technical team always ready to provide you the best solutions.