What is insulated glass windows?
Before we explain what insulated glass windows are, let’s talk about what is insulated glass? The insulated glass has two panes of glass( mainly use tempered glass), These two panes are separated from each other by an aluminum frame, and first sealed by butyl rubber, and second sealed by the structural sealant. Comparing single-pane tempered glass, the insulated glass used for windows greatly increases performance. The insulated glass windows are made of insulated glass inlaid in an aluminum frame.
How do insulated glass windows work?
The air between the two pieces of glass restricts the outside temperature from entering the inside. For example, in Northeast China, we have cold winters, sometimes as low as -20 under wind chill conditions. When the winter cold passes through the first layer of glass, it gets trapped in the intermediate space. This means that it will never pass through the second layer of glass and enter inside the house.
What are the benefits of insulated glass windows?
- Energy-saving effect: Since the outdoor temperature does not affect the interior of your home, you do not have to spend extra money to keep the house comfortable. In fact, you can save up to 24% in winter by using insulated windows and up to 18% in summer.
- Soundproof: The double pane window glass also blocks noise from entering your home as well
- Safety: Because the two panes of glass are made of toughened glass, insulated glass is a type of safety glass.
- Eliminate frost and dew: If the temperature dramatically differences between indoor and outdoor, the single-layer glass will form frost. The insulated glass will not condense on the glass surface due to temperature differences. because the inner glass in contact with indoor air is affected by the air barrier, even if the outer temperature is very low, The dew point of insulated glass can reach -70℃.
Specifications of insulated glass windows:
- Production name: double pane window glass；
- Glass thickness: 5+5mm,6+6mm,8+8mm,10+10mm, 12+12mm, etc.Other types of configurations are also available. etc,
- Functions: Soundproofing, safety, energy-saving. etc
- Shape: Flat or curved
- Production time: 10-15 days
- Max size: 3200*12000mm
- Capacity: 5000SQM per day
Shenzhen Dragon Glass can produce insulated glass with fully automatic as well as experienced manual ways. Both can ensure good sealing quality and no leaking.
The following contains the necessary certificates for double pane window glass.
What is insulated glass for windows price?
Take 6+12A+6mm configuration as an example, the price will be 35-40 USD/sqm, the following factors will affect insulated glass windows price
- Size will affect the cutting rate of raw materials;
- Glass thickness,undoubtedly, the thicker the glass, the more expensive;
- Spacer thickness,The thicker the spacer, the more expensive;
- Quantity,The price will drop as the quantity increases;
- Flat or curve, curved insulated glass is more difficult in production process and the price will be more expensive than flat ones;
Packing and delivery:
There is a plastic film on the surface of each piece of insulated glass to ensure that it will not be scratched during installation and transportation.
Strong plywood crate packing to avoid the damage of insulated glass during long-distance transportation.