1, What is heat strengthened glass?
Heat strengthened glass is also called half tempered glass or semi tempered glass or HS glass. The heat strengthening process is mostly the same as full tempered glass. The only difference is after heating to around 700-degree temperature, when quenching by the wind jet, the cooling speed will be longer and the press of cold wind is lower. Thus, making the surface of heat strengthened glass pressure much lower than fully tempered glass. Semi tempered glass strength is twice as the float glass, it can be used as where places need glass stronger function but no risk of self-explosion, unlike the full tempered glass.
2, Why use heat-strengthened glass?
- Higher strength: comparing to normal float glass, semi tempered glass is 2 times stronger, can endure higher impact.
- Safety: full tempered glass has a potential risk of self-explosion because of NiS in the glass raw material. Heat strengthened glass has no such worry.
- Stable thermal stability: even exposed to hot sunshine or heavy rain or snow, heat-strengthened glass remains stable.
- Flat surface, comparing to full tempered glass, heat-strengthened glass has less distortion.
3, How is heat strengthened glass made?
Shenzhen Dragon Glass heat strengthened process as below:
4, When to use heat strengthened glass?
Generally speaking, using heat strengthened glass is a very economical way to save budget and no risk of tempered glass self explosion, and less distortion surface. Heat-strengthened glass is usually used for windows or for some façade projects where glass size is smaller and less wind load required. For further enhancement, heat-strengthened glass can be processed as heat strengthened laminated glass. So that it can be used as canopy or skylight, etc.
|Product name:||Heat strengthened glass / half tempered glass/semi tempered glass|
|Glass colors:||clear, ultra clear, blue, green, bronze, grey, etc.|
|Glass thickness:||5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, etc.|
|Glass shape:||Flat/ curved.|
|Applications:||Facade, curtain wall, railing, skylights, balcony balustrade, windows, etc.|
|Certifications:||ASTM, CE, ISO9001, CCC, etc|
6, Strict QC system.
Our test includes: raw material checking before cutting, surface inspection for each process, size accuracy after edgework, distortion measurement after heat strengthening, stress uniformity inspection before packing.
1, Can heat strengthened glass be cut?
2, Can heat strengthened glass be further processed?
Yes, heat-strengthened glass can have further treatment like coating, digital printing, frosting or acid etching process to enhance the performance.
3, How much is the strength of heat strengthened glass?
Usually the strength lies in 24~69Mpa. But we can keep it in control in 24~52Mpa which means better stress uniformity.
4, Is heat strengthened glass the same as tempered glass?
No, it is much less strength than tempered glass but has no risk of self-explosion.
5, Difference between heat soaked glass and heat strengthened glass?
Heat soaked test glass is full tempered glass further processing heat soak testing. Strength is higher. Heat-strengthened glass is only semi tempered.
8, Why choose Shenzhen Dragon Glass?
- 26 years of glass deep processing experience.
- Advanced machines for quality insurance.
- Strict QC system double guarantee for quality.
- Large quantity capacity 5000sqm/day making our heat strengthened glass price very competitive in China building glass market.
- Fast response before and after-sales within several minutes and solutions provided in 24 hours.