What is Heat Reflective Glass?
Heat-reflective glass is also called solar control coating glass. Generally used after tempering for windows or doors projects. It is clear or tinted glass with a thin metal or metal oxide layer on the surface in a high vacuum sputtering line. Heat reflective coating glass is used to reduce the transmittance of visible light and ultraviolet light. Also, it can reduce heat absorption and glare from the outside while allowing visible light to enter.
How does heat reflective glass work？
The unique metallic coating on reflective glass windows blocks external heat from entering indoors and in effect sustains a favorable temperature for the inside. The reflective glass will absorb the harmful rays of the sun and reflect excessive glare while keeping the indoor temperature favorable.
Characteristics of heat reflective glass include:
- Appearance: Reflective glass gives a mirror effect to the curtain wall of the building, The coating comes in many colors, gold, silver, copper, crystal gray, and European gray. It can be made into the laminated glass with tinted glass to give the building a very beautiful appearance.
- Visibility: Reflective glass permits you to see through the glass on one side, but not on the contrary.
- Energy savings: Because it reflects and absorbs the sun’s rays, reflective glass reduces the amount of solar radiation that enters the building. This can save money in heating and air-conditioning costs.
- Comfort: Reflective glass reduces variations in the interior temperature of a building.
The contrast between crystal gray glass and European gray glass
It can be seen from the comparison of the above picture that crystal gray glass is lighter in color than European gray glass. Many countries in Southeast Asia like to use this crystal gray color.
- Glass type: 6mm crystal gray heat reflective glass
- Color: Crystal gray, others colors available such as Clear, bronze, Euro gray, Ford blue, French Green, etc
- Thickness: 5mm 6mm 8mm 10mm 12mm; Thicker needs to be negotiated.
- Size: All sizes available
- Deep processing: toughened, laminated, insulated, acid engraving etching, printed, etc.
- Application: windows, doors, curtain wall, etc.
- Delivery: 7-10 days
- Container: 20 GP, 20 OT, 40 GP, 40 OT, 40 HQ.
- Subject to ISO9001 standard;
- Subject to CE ;
- Subject to ASTM;
- Subject to AS;
Multiple applications of 6mm crystal gray heat reflective glass:
Coating line of 6 mm crystal gray heat reflective glass :
- Adopting high-quality grade 6 mm heat reflective glass material make sure no bubbles, no chips, no scratches, super flat surface;
- Cutting: use advanced cutting machines to ensure there are no chips, sizes accuracy;
- Grinding: polished the edges with no chips, no micro-cracks, no flaws;
- Drilling: accurately drill the holes according to the CAD drawing;
- Tempering: use world advanced super flat & spotless tempering machine to ensure excellent tempering stress uniformity and flatness, lowest tempering spontaneous breakage rate;
- We have a strict QC inspection team to inspect each process to ensure no flaws occur during each process;
What is heat reflective glass price？
These factors will affect the heat reflective glass price:
- processing methods, etc.
Packaging and delivery
We, Shenzhen Dragon Glass, provide you the best quality heat reflective glass at the best price, contact us today to get started or fill out the form below and our team will get back to you shortly.