Are you thinking about building a padel court? Are you looking for a responsible padel court glass manufacturer? How do we control the quality of padel court glass, this article will tell you the answer.
Why should choose a responsible padel court glass manufacturer？
A padel court is 20 meters long and 10 meters wide with the back walls being made of glass up to a height of 3 meters, whereas the padel court glass side walls end after 4 meters. The walls can be made of glass or another solid, even material like concrete. The rest of the court is closed using a metallic mesh to a height of 4 meters.
As one part of the court, the high-quality tempered glass for the padel court is very important.
When you watch the padel game, you should be aware of such news：
The owner of three Champions League triumphs, six La Liga titles, two Copa del Rey trophies, and two UEFA Super Cups, one of the best central defenders in the world—Puyol, elite mentality clearly didn’t stop when he retired. When he ran through the glass to try to get a ball back in a game of tennis with a friend, the padel court glass had self-explosion.
Images of Puyol in 2019 went viral after they showed some shattered glass on a court with the center-back showing off his war wounds as blood dripped down his arm and leg.
Another accident it happened to the PADEL star Paquita Navarro. The incident happened during the 11th game of the second set, with the Andalusian ace sent to hospital for treatment on his severe cuts.
Why the padel court glass self-explosion?
We give the following explanation：
1. Self-explosion caused by raw materials quality defects
(1) There are stones, impurities, and bubbles in the glass: The impurities in the glass are the weak points of tempered glass and the places where stress is concentrated. Especially if the stone is in the tensile stress zone of the tempered glass, it is an important factor leading to the explosion. Stones exist in glass and have a different coefficient of expansion from the glass body. After glass tempering, the stress concentration in the crack area around the stone increases exponentially. When the expansion coefficient of the stone is smaller than that of glass, the tangential stress around the stone is in tension. The crack propagation that accompanies the stone is very easy to occur.
(2) The glass surface has defects like scratches. Or edges and corner chipping due to improper processing or operation, which may easily cause stress concentration or cause the tempered glass to explode.
2. Self-explosion caused by uneven stress and offset
During the production of tempered padel court glass, the heating or cooling process produces temperature unevenness along the thickness of the glass, which makes the tensile stress deviate to one side, causing uneven stress and self-explosion.
3. Self-explosion caused by a too high degree of toughening
Generally speaking, the higher the degree of tempering of the tempered glass, the easier the tempered glass is to explode. The self-detonation probability increases by 20%~25% for every level of toughening.
How do we control the quality of padel court glass?
As a professional padel court glass manufacturer, we will control the quality at every step.
- Raw materials
There are 300 flat glass factories in China, our top A-grade raw materials are from Xinyiglass, with no bubbles no chips no scratches with a perfect surface. The quality far up than Huaerrun, Hongtai, Mingxuan, etc. Our sufficient monthly orders allow us to cooperate with large flat factories to ensure the supply of raw materials.
We use heavy-duty cutting machines such as Lisek, Bottero, to ensure that the size will not be affected, and there will be no chipping, no rough fragmentation, and edge.
- Edge Grinding
The dimensional deviation of the finished glass has strict requirements: for padel glass, the deviation should be within ±3mm for length and width, within 5mm for diagonal. Polishing brightness uniformity, no edge or corner chipping.
Completely install drawings and customer standards, accurate, no defects on the edge of the hole. The position must be accurate and the hole diameter is accurate. Measure each hole.
We use Landglass and NorthGlass A3 series tempering furnace, you know how important tempering quality is to padel glass.
Our padel glass standard:
- The curvature of the whole glass plane should be within 0.2% of the tested edge.
- The maximum roller wave shall not exceed 0.15mm.
- Edge warp shall not exceed 0.20mm.
- Tempered surface stress ＞ 90 Mpa
- Tempering stress difference <8 Mpa
- Full inspection, must pass the stress tester and particle size inspection.
- Packing detail
Strong plywood crates to ensure safety during long-distance transportation.
- Padel court glass subject to ISO9001:
- Padel court glass subject to ASTM;
- Padel court glass subject to CE;
- Padel court glass subject to AS;
With extensive experience in padel court glass manufacture, Shenzhen Dragon Glass can help you find the best solution based on your needs and circumstances.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for advice, cost proposal, or any other questions regarding your upcoming Padel project.