What is a 12mm toughened glass railing system?
12mm toughened glass railing system is using 12mm toughened glass as glass railing system. It is produced by heating 12mm clear or tinted edge worked glass to around 700 degrees in the tempering oven and then cool down rapidly by a strong wind jet. This process is also called glass quenching, it will form compression stress on the 12mm glass surface whereas the interior is still in tension. After 12mm glass is toughened, it will be 5 times stronger than normal 12mm annealed glass.
7 benefits of railing system
1. GLASS CREATES THE ILLUSION OF MORE SPACE
One of the main reasons that glass elements are so popular in home design today is that they help to create the illusion of more space in the building. This is especially true if the railing is made with clear, see through glass. The illusion of more space makes the area appear even larger than it really is, which is something that cannot be achieved by using metal, chrome, or iron options.
With a glass railing for stairs or elevated areas, just as with a glass shower screen or glass door, you get to enjoy a transparent border, creating an open, fresh, and more expansive atmosphere.
2. GLASS WILL NOT BLOCK THE LIGHT
12mm toughened glass railing are very popular because they have the benefit of not blocking the light in a building. Glass railings also allow for light to shine through, enhancing the presence of sunlight and also serving to create a more open, airy feel while indoors.
A glass railing installed in line with windows creates a very modern, almost ethereal interior, as natural light is allowed to flow freely within the space, unlike with traditional railings and borders that block light.
3. GLASS IS IDEAL FOR MODERN INTERIORS
One major benefit of installing glass railing s is its ability to add a touch of modern sophistication to any building that it is fitted in. This will also be useful for you when you plan to sell your house as you will get a good amount of money during resale. This type of house beautification will attract too many buyers also.
4. GLASS IS EASY TO KEEP CLEAN
Not only do glass railing s look fabulous, they are also easy to keep clean. Commercial glass cleaning products along with a lint-free cloth are all you need to keep your new installation in tip-top condition and wipe down the railing in just a few minutes. Maintaining that just-installed look really is a piece of cake. If you end up dealing with scratches or other damage, polishing can restore the glass to the original beauty, which is a major advantage when compared to metal or wood railing s.
5. GLASS RAILING IS STRONG AND DURABLE
As well as looking wonderful, a glass railing is exceptionally robust. Your new installation will last for many years, and will require little or no maintenance.
Many individuals think that glass is delicate, but glass is actually an extremely durable construction material. In fact, glass is more durable than wood, which is often prone to pest infestation or corrosion after a few years. Over time, glass will continue to maintain its durability and quality. Glass ages slowly, so the changes over time are barely noticeable to the naked eye. The excellent durability of glass makes it well worth your investment, since glass railing s have the ability to last for decades.
6. PERFECTLY COMPLEMENTS OTHER MATERIALS
12mm toughened glass railing provide great design versatility and the perfect accompaniment to any other materials which are included in your new installation. Wood, metal and stone may be used for the risers, handrails or banisters, and the addition of sizeable expanses of glass will complement the overall look. There’s also the option to use opaque or patterned glass or many colours, textures, and framing options.
7. GLASS IS SAFE AND SECURE
Today’s technology makes it possible to make glass that is strong and safe. In fact, thick, tempered glass, which is use to make glass railing s, rarely breaks. It takes extreme structural pressure to break these strong railing s since they are often as strong as steel. Even if the tempered glass did break, the shards of glass are not sharp, which means that glass is a great choice for any area, even in homes where children may be present.
- 1, Multiple tinted glass colors available, such as low iron, green, blue, grey, bronze, etc;
- 2, Variety of glass types: 12mm clear toughened glass, 12mm curved toughened glass, 12mm digital printed glass, 12mm ceramic frit printed glass, 12mm frosted toughened glass, etc;
- 3, Shape: flat or curved, according to customer’s requirement;
- 4, Max size: according to client’s request. We can help optimize the size to cut down the cost as well;
- 5, Lead time: 7~12 days after order confirmed;
- 6, MOQ: 50SQM
- Subject to ISO9001 standard;
- Subject to CE EN2190;
- Subject to ASTM1248;
- Subject to AS.
Multiple designs of 12mm toughened glass railing system:
Qua lity control
- 1.Adopting high-quality grade 12mm glass material make sure no bubbles, no chips, no scratches, super flat surface;
- 2.Cutting: use advanced cutting machines to ensure there are no chips, sizes accuracy;
- 3.Grinding: polished the edges with no chips, no micro-cracks, no flaws;
- 4.Drilling: accurately drill the holes according to the CAD drawing;
- 5.Tempering: use world advanced super flat & spotless tempering machine to ensure excellent tempering stress uniformity and flatness, lowest tempering spontaneous breakage rate;
- 6.We have a strict QC inspection team to inspect each process to ensure no flaws occur during each process;
Packing and Delivery
If you’re looking to add a glass railing to your next project, count on the experts from Dragon Glass to prepare you a quote that’s based on your specific project specs. Contact us today to get started or filling out the form below and our team will get back to you shortly.If you would like to receive more information about building glass,please follow us on LinkedIn.