What is 12mm toughened frameless glass?
12mm toughened glass pool fencing is using 12mm toughened glass as glass pool fencing. It is produced by heating 12mm clear or tinted edge worked glass to around 700 degrees in the tempering oven and then cool down rapidly by a strong wind jet. This process is also called glass quenching, it will form compression stress on the 12mm glass surface whereas the interior is still in tension. After 12mm glass is toughened, it will be 5 times stronger than normal 12mm annealed glass.
- 1. It makes it easy to keep an eye on the kids
- As it offers an unobstructed view of the pool area, frameless glass pool fencing makes supervising children a much easier job. You’re able to see what they’re up to at all times from the comfort of your banana lounge on the deck, or even inside through the window.
- 2. It’s very difficult to climb over
- Unlike traditional pool fencing that can sometimes have footholds young children can use to boost themselves up with, frameless glass pool fencing is flat, being an impenetrable barrier to even the most determined young climber.
- 3. It’s super strong
- Frameless glass pool fencing is made from tempered glass that’s 12mm thick (gates 8mm/12mm) and heated to more than 700 degrees Celsius during the production process, making it so strong it can be dropped on concrete without breaking. This means you won’t have to worry about it being damaged by kids, or severe weather and temperature changes.
- 4. It’s fully compliant
- Provided it’s purchased through a reputable supplier, such as Trade Glass Depot, frameless glass pool fencing is fully compliant with Australian safety standards for pool fencing.
- 5. It’s a good investment
- While frameless glass pool fencing is obviously more expensive than the more traditional metal pool fencing, it’s a cost that will soon pay for itself. Unlike traditional metal pool fencing, which can rust over time and require repainting, frameless glass pool fencing will last a long time. This means you won’t have to pay ongoing repair and replacement costs, with frameless glass pool fencing requiring only an occasional hose down and clean with detergent.
- 1, Multiple tinted glass colors available, such as low iron, green, blue, grey, bronze, etc;
- 2, Variety of glass types: 12mm clear toughened glass, 12mm curved toughened glass, 12mm digital printed glass, 12mm ceramic frit printed glass, 12mm frosted toughened glass, etc;
- 3, Shape: flat or curved, according to customer’s requirement;
- 4, Frame: aluminum U channel or stainless steel 304 or 316;
- 5, Max size: according to client’s request. We can help optimize the size to cut down the cost as well;
- 6, Lead time: 7~12 days after order confirmed;
- 7, MOQ: 50SQM
- 12mm toughened glass subject to ISO9001 standard;
- 12mm toughened glass subject to CE EN2190;
- 12mm toughened glass subject to ASTM1248;
- 12mm toughened glass subject to AS;
Multiple designs of 12mm toughened glass pool fencing:
- 1.Adopting high-quality grade 12mm glass material make sure no bubbles, no chips, no scratches, super flat surface;
- 2.Cutting: use advanced cutting machines to ensure there are no chips, sizes accuracy;
- 3.Grinding: polished the edges with no chips, no micro-cracks, no flaws;
- 4.Drilling: accurately drill the holes according to the CAD drawing;
- 5.Tempering: use world advanced super flat & spotless tempering machine to ensure excellent tempering stress uniformity and flatness, lowest tempering spontaneous breakage rate;
- 6.We have a strict QC inspection team to inspect each process to ensure no flaws occur during each process;
Packing and delivery:
What is 12mm toughened glass pool fencing price?
- Shape: curved shape glass fencing cost will be higher because it needs to be curved tempered, the production cost is higher;
- Quantity: larger quantity, glass fencing cost will be cheaper;
- Installation methods: whether there are holes or not will influence the pricing, as well as safe corners requirement.